Wednesday 8 August 2012

Almond Milk

So after finally weaning out all processed foods from my diet 2 weeks ago I managed to remove the use of skim milk from my protein shakes and replaced it with water and Chia seeds. After completing this change, the very last change I wanted to make was removing skim milk from the one coffee I have at home of a morning.

To do this I wanted to swap and use Almond Milk. Alot of people are asking me why, well for some part of the reason I follow Paleo lifestyle of eating ALTHOUGH NOT 100% - I REPEAT NOT 100%. I love some of the concepts though and I feel fantastic with the combination eating plan I am on at the moment.

After some research before converting to Almond milk the most common repeated facts were that it is a natural source of the antioxidant vitamin E and is also low in fat, saturated fat and lactose and gluten free. Whilst I haven't been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance I now try to avoid ALL foods that are high in gluten or contain any gluten. I find my stomach does not react well and making the switch has felt beneficial for me.

Whilst the Almond Milk does not froth up as much as normal milk for a cappuccino, it makes a fantastic flat white with a tiny froth on top !!! DELICIOUS to be honset. The only downside is the cost. Skim milk for this container shown below is 1/4 of the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment